> Your Renewable Energy (RE) System
Your RE system may include:
- Solar panels/wind turbine/hydroturbine- Depending on your site, one or a combination of all.
- Generator backup
- Other components including: wiring, metering, voltage regulator, solar mount, and/or wind turbine tower, etc.
A realistic determination of your electricity needs is the first step to sizing your system and is very important for customer satisfaction.
- Identify the power requirements (nameplate wattage) of all appliances and lighting that you will use.
- Determine approximately how many hours a day each appliance will operate.
- Consider if you will want to add appliances in the future, making it necessary to upgrade your system.
- Decide how much money you can spend on your system. Be sure to include current federal tax credits and state incentives.
- Are you willing and able to maintain a maintenance intensive system? Solar requires less maintenance than wind and hydro systems.
- Do you want to connect your system to the electric grid? Grid tie can eliminate much of the complexity and cost of a system.
For more information on all aspects of renewable energy, visit the Home Power Magazine
For quotes and information, contact Don Dumm:
P.O. Box 1723 Kodiak, AK 99615